Languages, Skills, and Technologies
- Assembly; C; Embedded Systems Serial Protocols (UART, SPI, I2C); Objective-C; Swift
- PCB Design; Digital and Analog Circuit Design; Embedded Software Design; Hardware Design
- PIC (Extensive Experience); dsPIC; ARM; MPLAB; MATLAB; Eagle PCB; LTSpice; PSpice
- Hands-on experience in the design of small electrical analog and digital systems
- Experience with integrating system hardware and software
- Automatic Water Pump For Christmas Tree: Detect and replace low water in water basin.
- 4x4x4 LED Cube: Designed, built, and programmed a 4x4x4 LED cube to have various light patterns.
- IR Trip Sensor: Changes light pattern when sensor is tripped.
- Soil Moisture Content Sensor: Designed and prototyped to detect low moisture content in soil.
- 6-Button Lock System: Designed and prototyped a lock system using an 8-bit microprocessor.
- PIC24H Family Breakout Board: Designed and produced a breakout board PCB at home.
- 10-Axis IMU (Inertial Measurement Unit) PCB: Designed for a future home-built quadcopter.
Freelance Design Engineer May 2013 – Present
- Redesigned PCBs and built custom PCBs.
- Translated Assembly language for 8-bit microprocessor to C for 16-bit microprocessor.
- Designed projects from the top down using clients’ concepts as the starting point.
- Designed project proposals and bills of materials (BOM).
Lab Teaching Assistant University of Texas at Arlington January 2013 – May 2013
- Lectured on and developed labs for embedded systems serial protocols (UART, SPI, I2C), timer and external interrupts, digital and analog circuit design, and software design. Hand selected for position.
Marine Security Guard United States Marine Corps April 2006 – July 2009
- Provided security for US Embassies in Guinea, Greece, and Cambodia; improved security systems; maintained Top Secret security clearance; awarded Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal.
Telecommunications Line Installer United States Marine Corps May 2001 – April 2006
- Installed, repaired, maintained permanent and temporary telecommunications infrastructure; maintained Secret security clearance; completed two tours in Iraq; awarded Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal.
Arlington, TX University of Texas at Arlington August 2009 – May 2013
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, May 2013. GPA: 3.125
- Undergraduate coursework: Digital Circuit Design; Microprocessors; Programming; Controls; Telecommunications; Electromagnetics; Design Engineering; Statistics.
- Designed and built wireless perimeter security system, voltmeter, and wireless text messaging system (including GUI for control and display purposes).